QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013 and currently looking for a qualifiedCommunication and Visibility Officer(National Position) based in Sanliurfa.
Job Title: Communication and Visibility Officer
Reporting Line: MEAL Coordinator
Working closely with: Programme team
Job Status: Fixed term – One Year (extendable)
Job Grade: D
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare communication and visibility plansin order to raise Concern’s profile, donor visibility and learning
· Produce IEC materials for disseminating information to programme beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
· Produce written and audio/visual content for donor visibility, to promote Concern’s work and the impact of Concern Turkey work on programme beneficiaries.
· Develop/coordinate development of high quality content for brochures, posters, booklets and other written materials.
· Produce or coordinate production of high quality audio-visual for a variety of external and internal audiences, online and offline.
· Travel to programme implementation areas to collect and create success stories, visibility and communication content
· Lead in developing plans and coordinate implementation for donor specific visibility requirements, as per donor visibility standards
· Train programme staff and partners in basic communications skills (story gathering, case studies, photography, videography etc.)
· Develop appropriate process, systems, storage and archiving for in country communications materials whether written or visual.
· Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct, and to be committed to provide a safe working environment
· Any other duties as assigned relevant to communication and visibility
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in communication, graphics design or related discipline
· Two years’ experience in the humanitarian sector
· Experience of producing written and audio-visual communication and visibility materials for International or National NGOs
· High quality communications skills in English
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
· Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner
· Experience in consolidating information in an organised manner.
· Turkish language skills
· Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally
· Work independently and take initiative
· Commitment to beneficiary accountability and humanitarian principles
· Have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
· Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct
Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for set out clearly in the email subject-header.
· Please detail the position applied for in the email subject-header,
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview,
· Application Closing Date: 5 March 2020.
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.