QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Basic Qualifications ;
· Being graduated from engineering faculties of universities with Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Shipbuilding and Ocean Engineering, Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, Maritime Transportation and Management Engineering,
· Having prior work experience in a contract administrator/management role for at least 10 years, experienced with exceptional attention to detail and talent for accuracy and precision,
· Having intense knowledge of legal issues especially Shipbuilding & Shiprepair Contract Law, FIDIC Contract, Turkish Commercial Code, acquainted with UK Law,
· Having deep understanding of contracts, contract governance and contractual language, by using excellent negotiating and persuasive skills with a commercial awareness,
· Having excellent and improving command of Microsoft Office applications,
· Having high efficiency in written and spoken communication skills, organization, planning, monitoring and reporting,
· Having excellent command of fluent English capability in both written and spoken media,
· Having the ability to work under pressure, resilience and self-confidence, ability to work as part of a team,
· Having the ability to think practically and be solution-oriented,
· Being completed military obligation for male citizens of Turkish Republic,
· Being a resident in Asia Side / willing to be a resident in Asia Side of İstanbul.
Job Description ;
Gemak Group of Companies is working on ship / vessel building, repair, conversion, offshore oil and gas projects and steel fabrications for construction industry. The job is a management role which will be directly reporting to the CEO.
· To prepare the contracts or comment/ammend client’s draft versions and to attend the contract negotiations with the related manager and/or executive board,
· If needed, to serve as the ‘contact person’ for clients on contractual and legal matters,
· On all standard and nonstandard contracts, to provide indispensable recommendations and to negotiate close and directly with clients’ attorneys or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached,
· To foresee potential risks involved with specific contract terms,
· During the contract processes if any necessity occurs, to get legal support by colaborating with the legal advisors,
· To maintain correspondence and documentation related to contracts,
· To develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with the company policy,
· To ensure the company’s products and services will be offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions,
· To ensure contract close-out, and in any necessary case to ensure extension or renewal.